dinsdag 14 oktober 2014

Quotes uit het boek

“What a terrible thing it is to wound someone you really care for and to do it so unconsciously.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

“What makes us the most normal," said Reiko, "is knowing that we're not normal.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood   

“When it's raining like this," said Naoko, "it feels as if we're the only ones in the world. I wish it would just keep raining so the three of us could stay together.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood 

“I read Naoko's letter again and again, and each time I read it I would be filled with the same unbearable sadness I used to feel whenever Naoko stared into my eyes. I had no way to deal with it, no place I could take it to or hide it away. Like the wind passing over my body, it had neither shape nor weight, nor could I wrap myself in it.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood 

“Her cry was the saddest sound of orgasm that I had ever heard.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood  

“I wrote a huge number of letters that spring: one a week to Naoko, several to Reiko, and several more to Midori. I wrote letters in the classroom, I wrote letters at my desk at home with Seagull in my lap, I wrote letters at empty tables during my breaks at the Italian restaurant. It was as if I were writing letters to hold together the pieces of my crumbling life.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood 

“Count your blessings”
― Haruki Murakami 

“Where the road sloped upward beyond the trees, I sat and looked toward the building where Naoko lived. It was easy to tell which room was hers. All I had to do was find the one window toward the back where a faint light trembled. I focused on that point of light for a long, long time. It made me think of something like the final throb of a soul's dying embers. I wanted to cup my hands over what was left and keep it alive. I went on watching the way Jay Gatsby watched that tiny light on the opposite shore night after night.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood   

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking. ”
 ― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood  

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten